Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka: Surprisingly Delectable Pork Cheeks

Once upon a time, we were at Glorietta and thought to check out one of the cool new ramen places for dinner. It was one of the cool new ramen places at the time, so now you have an idea of how much backlog I have to write. Haha.

hokkaido ramen santouka
Tokusen Toroniku Ramen (L) (Kara-Miso broth), P510.00
Roasted Pork Cheeks
Extremely valuable parts, only 200-300g / whole pig. Served daily in limited quantity.
We were already full for a reason I have long forgotten, so we just shared this giant bowl of ramen. There are different broth types available, but we went for my usual favourite, which is anything spicy. It wasn't that spicy, but it was spicy enough to make the dish very enjoyable. The noodles were alright, and the pork cheeks, which sounds really weird to me, were very, very good. I've only ever known pork cheeks to be in sisig, a dish I like, but when I found out about that, it took me a few months before I started enjoying the dish again. I eat almost anything, but there's just something about eating something's face that turns me off. Haha. I don't eat fish heads either. Well anyway, back to the pork cheeks, it wasn't too fatty, it had the right amount of meat, and the texture was so good. Somewhere between meaty and creamy. We enjoyed this ramen thoroughly while being careful to ration the meat properly. Haha.

hokkaido ramen santouka
Purin, P50.00
Cream Pudding
If I remember correctly, this tasted a bit like leche flan, but less flanny and more creamy. Not too bad a dessert at all for 50 pesos.

Menu:
Specialty Ramen
Dessert

Verdict:
Tokusen Toroniku Ramen: Very Good!
Purin: Good

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5487/9600908376_0485d9292e_z.jpg

Quick, simple review for a quick, simple dinner. We haven't gone back yet, but we should!

Love Hokkaido Ramen Santouka? Hate it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!



RAMEN SANTOUKA
G/F, Glorietta 4,
Ayala Center, Makati City
(0917) 847-6087 / (02) 7281381
Operating Hours: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Facebook: Ramen Santouka Philippines


View Larger Map

1 comment: