Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hatch 22: No Ordinary Benedicts

How often do you get to dine on a work of art? When at Rockwell, the perfect place for a fine snack would be at Hatch 22.

hatch 22

A few years ago, I was only familiar with the fancy-sounding Eggs Benedict by name and now, after trying it out at several places, I know it to be one of my favorite, however elusive, breakfast dishes.

hatch 22
NYOB (Not Your Ordinary Benedicts), P445.00
Fresh baked rustic muffins, wild mushrooms, sous vide eggs, Italian ham, sauteed spinach and torched citrus hollandaise.
Above and beyond the standard Eggs Benedict are the ones offered by Hatch 22, aptly named NYOB. Why, you ask? I can't explain it. (Some blogger I am, huh?) It may be the citrusy touch to the hollandaise sauce or how it all comes together with the sauteed spinach and the perfectly poached egg. It may have been the vibrant atmosphere of the cafe and how the sunlight shouted its way in to brighten the room. Either way, this is quite possibly the best version I've tried.

hatch 22


The coffee addict that I am now, it was impossible not to order a nice latte to go along with it. The coffee art featured here is mine, by the way. I'd say it captured my mood pretty well!

Menu:
Greens, Kettle Pot
Hatch Brunch Specials, Pancakes
Cafe Menu
Drinks

Love Hatch 22? Hate it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!

This is our third post about Hatch 22.
Hatch 22: Birth of a New Cafe
Hearty New Dishes at the Hatch 22



HATCH 22
Ground Floor, Power Plant Mall,
Amorsolo Dr., Poblacion, Makati City
+63917-7942005
Operating Hours:
Mon - Wed: 7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Thu - Sat: 7:00 am - 12:00 am
Sun: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Facebook: Hatch 22
Twitter: @hatch22ph


View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. Hatches are a terrific practical knowledge. Whenever (not if) you're free to bass dry flies on a Hatch you will be aware what this is regarding excitement can be. Dry out travel reef fishing is really very much enjoyable at any rate, although on a hatch it's exceptional.

    ReplyDelete