Saturday, June 22, 2013

Movie Review: World War Z

world war z
Image from here.
World War Z is an onscreen adaptation of a novel of the same name. The story is about, well, zombies. I don't think you'll need me to elaborate on that. Haha.

Brad Pitt did an okay job playing the dependable father, Gerry Lane. I liked that he has long hair again for a change, but it kind of looks like an awkward haircut to me. Haha.

The action was good and entertaining, but I did not really find myself emotionally attached to anything going on in the film, really. I was not immersed in the film, I just found it interesting. The effects were actually alright, which is impressive for such extreme action. While you might notice some computer graphics here and there, the zombies look mostly realistic. A thousand times better than the video game graphics of I am Legend!

I wish there was a better reason for the title World War Z than the fact that Z is for Zombie. Not to bash on the book or anything, but it feels like it was named by Sesame Street.


The movie is cool and all but I can't help but think.. Is this Zombie Tsunami: The Movie??

If so, the movie goes way beyond expectations!
Other Notable Cast:
David Morse as Gunter Haffner - You might know him as the bad guy from the movie Disturbia.
Fana Mokoena as Thierry - Okay, I don't really know this guy but he looks like a fat Akon. I'm not being racist! You'll see!

I actually have one gripe with the plot and it's on this Vine. Click unmute on the top left for spoilers! Haha.


Verdict: 3.5/5 - An interesting zombie movie with good action, but nothing much more than that.

Loved World War Z? Hated it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!



Other Post-Apocalyptic Stories:
TV Review: The Walking Dead: Season 3
PS3 Game Review: The Last of Us - I'm still playing this, but look forward to writing this review. So far, it's awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment