Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tokyo Tokyo: Burgers and Chopsticks

Tokyo Tokyo semi-recently opened a new branch at the Fort, seemingly out of place smack-dab in the middle of the wallet-draining behemoths, Da.u.de and Wildflour Café. Here's what a lunch is like at the more budget-friendly Japanese fast food restaurant.

tokyo tokyo
This branch also has a classier-than-usual look.
Though their sushi was tempting, we ended up ordering a different way. I know their sushi's rice is just the cheaper sticky rice and not Japanese rice, so I didn't really push for it. Haha.

tokyo tokyo
Beef Misono and Prawn & Vegetable Tempura Sumo Meal, P299.00
For the sumo meal, you can also choose from combinations of Pork Tonkatsu, Fried Chicken Karaage and Honey Chicken Teriyaki. This was Alvie's order. Not on her own, but she split it with a friend of ours. (I think she might edit this part out if I didn't clarify that. Haha). I am not a fan of any of those choices so I didn't get in any of that action. Well, Karaage and Tempura is okay, but I only usually touch them in buffets. I never liked Misono. The meat is way too thin to be appreciated and tastes like what I imagine to be Japanese bistek. 

For Alvie, the Misono was a bit dry, but still had an okay buttery taste. She found the meat to be a bit too ground up. It did look quite pale to me, too. She's a fan of the tempura, saying it was delicious, with a crispy, mildy sweet batter (Now I wish I grabbed a bite). There was onion, carrot, and sweet potato tempura too. The side of veggies were bland and lifeless, though. It's a bit of a hit-and-miss, I guess. The red iced tea was as good as it usually is.

tokyo tokyo
Hamburg Donburi with Softdrink, P99.00
Not a lot of choices grabbed my attention from their menu. I never knew I was this picky. The prospect of eating a burger steak with chopsticks was interesting enough for me, so I just went with it. It was quite a bit cheaper than their other meals, so hey, not bad. The burger was alright, not far in consistency from Jollibee's Ultimate Burger Steak. A fair meal in every sense.

Verdict:
Beef Misono: Okay
Prawn & Vegetable Tempura: Good
Hamburg Donburi: Okay

Truth be told, I was never a fan of Tokyo Tokyo. I'll take good Katsudon over Misono any day, so I really prefer the similarly affordable Komora Soba and Karate Kid. Nevertheless, I am still glad to have some more wallet-friendly options for lunch in the area. McDonald's and 7-11 can only be interesting for so long.

Love Tokyo Tokyo? Hate it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!



Other Restaurants in The Fort:
Good Earth Roasts (GER)
IHOP: The Latest Pancake Craze
Jollibee: Ultimate Burger Steak and Flip Float
Kasbah: A Moroccan Lunch
Racks: My Favourite Ribs
S&R: My Favourite Pizza
Saint's Alp: Taiwanese Chicken Goodness
SM Aura Premier: Pepper Lunch Express under the Sky Park
Stacy's: The Sweet Kind of Retro
Stella Wood Fired Bistro: Nothing Less Than Stellar
Sunshine Kitchen: Get your Sunny Side Up
Sunshine Kitchen: Second Dawn
Tapeo: Spanish Surprise at the Fort Strip
Toast Box: Going Goreng
The Cheese Steak Shop: Philly Cheese Steaks in the Phillyppines
The Kebab Factory: The TKF Trilogy
Wrong Ramen: The Weirder, The Better

TOKYO TOKYO
Net Lima Bldg., 4th Ave. cor 26th St.
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
(02) 808-2756
Facebook: Tokyo Tokyo Philippines
Website: http://tokyotokyo.ph


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best restaurants to experience how to use chopsticks. Their foods are great and I really enjoy it as well as their service.

    ReplyDelete