Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tamagoya! Noodle House: Boost Your Stamina

Tamagoya! Noodle House is another hidden little gem in Lower Antipolo, just along the same road as L.A. Diner.

tamagoya! noodle house
Bright, festive lights along the dim street.
We barely got there in time because we had to venture all the way from Taguig, but it was well worth the trip for a nice dinner with Alvie's family (Thanks, Dichie!). When we did get there, the appetizers had already been ordered.

tamagoya! noodle house
Yaki Gyoza, P98.00
Japanese Pan-fried Dumpling. There wasn't anything "yaki" about this gyoza at all, I found it to be good! I do not really like gyoza, but I think this may be the best I have tried. It was flavorful and had great texture. My only point of reference is that it's way better than what is served at my favourite Japanese buffet, Saisaki.

tamagoya! noodle house
Gyu-don, P158.00
Beef w/ Rice Bowl. Gyudon is also something I have never liked in Japanese cuisine, because the flavor bores me and the cut of beef is always way too thin to be appreciated. Alvie does like the dish, so I agreed to split to give it a try. It had adequate flavor, but I craved for something a little more exciting. Adding chili oil helped a lot for me, but I wish they had chili powder like what is usually provided for Katsudon.

tamagoya! noodle house
Stamina Ramen, P168.00
Noodles w/ Chili Miso Paste Base Soup. This is a usual favorite in Tamagoya, even if I am not a big fan of ramen. I do not know if the name comes from the fact that it energizes you, or because you'll need stamina to get to the bottom of this spicy bowl! Either way, it's a truly delicious task. The broth is pleasantly spicy and almost creamy. We've been to this place several times and if you enjoy spicy food, I recommend this affordable bowl. I wouldn't normally say that 168 pesos is cheap, but that puts this at less than half the cost of most of the other ramen places out there.

Verdict:
Yaki Gyoza: Good
Gyu-don: Okay
Stamina Ramen: Very Good

If you're ever in the area or want to travel to a budget-friendly, delicious ramen place, I suggest dropping by nice, cozy Tamagoya!

Exhausted but satisfied with our late dinner. :)
Love Tamagoya! Noodle House? Hate it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!

- Joaquin

TAMAGOYA! NOODLE HOUSE
2 Soliven Ave, Mayamot,
Antipolo, Rizal
(02) 861-8631
Operating Hours:
Tue - Sun: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Facebook: Tamagoya Noodle House


View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment