Thursday, August 1, 2013

7-Eleven: Hot Pot

7-eleven
The latest of 7-Eleven's offerings.
Ahh, 7-Eleven. The home of convenience. I never rave about how great your food is, but I end up grabbing your food quite frequently. I've actually wanted to do a post on what I usually have here but I guess this new hot pot comes first. :)

7-Eleven
Take your pick!
This is very interesting because 7-Eleven stores in Hong Kong have something similar, and there is a wide variety of items to choose from. The store has this nifty little hot pot container from which you can pick out your fishy processed meats. Items are priced per piece, and you get the scoop out the soup from the same place, too.

7-eleven
Starting from the square thing clockwise:
Grilled Fish Tal, P15.00
Shrimp Ball, P10.00
Stuffed Tofu, P10.00
Noodles, P5.00 with a minimum of 2 other items, P12.00 otherwise.
What the hell is a tal? Haha anyway, once you've picked your items, you can pay for them at the counter and then go back for the soup.

7-eleven
Total cost: P50.00
They give you Shoyu (soy sauce) and Oden (sour and spicy) sauces to add to your bowl for taste. I personally prefer Oden, while Alvie liked the Shoyu. The shrimp ball, tofu, and fish cake thing we ordered were all surprisingly good! These ain't your regular grocery fishball-ish things. They had delicious taste and really nice consistency. The noodles were well, normal instant noodles, so you know exactly what to expect there.

Menu:
Hot Pot

Verdict:
Hot Pot: Very Good

It's great to have something like this conveniently available because it tastes good and is quite affordable. If I had any gripe, it's just that I might feel lazy to prepare a bowl of this stuff most days at 7-Eleven. But hey, I'm also lazy to grab a hotdog and put it in the bun so don't take my word for it. Haha!

7-Eleven also has some decent sandwiches, good wraps and salads, and great coffee! Their Sugar-free French Vanilla Cappuccino and Mocha Cappuccino taste so good, you can barely even notice the bitter coffee taste! I look forward to whatever 7-Eleven comes up with next. Some good cheap sushi, perhaps?

Love 7-Eleven's Hot Pot? Hate it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is full of entertainment and helpful information that can allure to anyone anytime. Continue posting! Heather G. Oneil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post.I really like it.Thanks for sharing such a valuable post.You can find more beautiful things here
    Fourd Arland jp

    ReplyDelete