Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunrise Buckets: Ultimate Crazy Hot

sunrise buckets
One spells Jaquin and one spells Juaquin. Looks like they had a hard time spelling my name!
Right off of C5, there is a cool little diner called Sunrise Buckets. After a particularly stressful day at work, Alvie and I, low on energy, chose to have dinner here. I figured it'd be just the right thing to zap me back into the world of the living.

sunrise buckets
What a fun place!
Okay, I'm going to need something strong to wake me up. I noticed something behind the counter..

sunrise buckets
Well, I'm not hot enough yet!
Give me the strongest thing you've got! Despite the waiter's attempts to dissuade me and his suggestions that I take something lighter, I ordered the Ultimate Crazy Hot wings. It's not that I'm reckless, I've experienced warnings of spicyness in the past which just turned out to be duds. Today is a day I would pay no heed to such warnings!

sunrise buckets
Equipment for the journey ahead.
Things are going to get pretty messy, so one would be wise to use these tools as you whittle down the number of your wings.

Ultimate Crazy Hot Wings (Half Pound), P245.00
I was disappointed, my mouth barely tingling from the spice enveloping each piece of wing.

sunrise buckets

It was only when I started eating my second piece (of five) that I realized it was very spicy, it just has a very slow effect. It got so addictive and I couldn't stop until my last one was gone, with water breaks in between because by the time I got halfway, I could hardly bear the pain. Haha.


I think it was at the spiciest it could be that I could comfortably (or slightly comfortably) consume the mini-bucket. It was perfect.

Tears of joy. and pain.
It was way too hot for Alvie to enjoy, though, so it will really be based on your own tolerance and preference. If you're up for a challenge, and have confidence in how numb your tongue is, give it a shot!

sunrise buckets
Garlic Parmesan Wings (Half Pound), P245.00
Not everything we ordered was excruciatingly painful. This safer set of wings was just as messy. It was very garlicky and the parmesan was even more pungent, and it tasted great! I really enjoy the variety of the wings here.

sunrise buckets
Poutine Fries (Large), P415.00
Poutine is a Canadian dish that consists of french fries topped with gravy and cheese, basically. It's always sounded interesting to me, but this would be my first time I get to try it. It was just okay, tasting exactly as I imagined it would. Problem is, I got confused by the menu (check it in a link below to see why) and ordered this expensive-ass thing. I thought it was just 215! Oh, well. Something checked off the minor bucket list, at least. Haha. (no pun intended)

sunrise buckets
Strawberry Beer, P85.00
Imported Rootbeer, P100.00
I was in the mood for some alcohol to douse ze flames, so I ordered the interesting house-brewed Strawberry Beer. It was still more beer than strawberry, but it wasn't bad. It's definitely sweeter than our usual ones. Alvie ordered the children's type of beer. The IBC root beer was good, but I found the price to be a bit steep.

Menu:
Wings & Boneless
Fries
Drinks

Verdict:
Ultimate Crazy Hot Wings: Excellent! (Beware, though!)
Garlic Parmesan Wings: Very Good
Poutine Fries: Okay
Strawberry Beer: Good
Imported Root Beer: Good


A great place to visit and I was indeed rejuvenated at the end of the night. It may have been through pain, but it was fun and it was worth it! Haha. I would definitely want to come back and try ALL their wing flavors.

Love Sunrise Buckets? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!



SUNRISE BUCKETS
The Grove by Rockwell
117 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave.,
Brgy. Ugong, Pasig City
(02) 234-1382
Facebook: Sunrise Buckets
Twitter: @sunrisebuckets
Website: http://www.sunrisebuckets.com/


View Larger Map

5 comments:

  1. the key ingredient in making a legit poutine is cheese curds. not just cheese.

    the chewy, globs of curds separate poutine, from fries with cheese n gravy!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that makes a lot of sense! Minor bucket list item unchecked! Thanks for shedding cheesy light on the matter, MV! haha

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by our place. We are happy to hear that your craving for spicy wings was satisfied. We will definitely contact you if we come up with Ultimate Crazy Hot wings challenge. We now have 24 MouthWatering Sauces to choose from. Hope to see you again. We'd love to treat you for 1/2 pound Smokin' BBQ wings! Just print out your blog with this comment to claim for free wings!!!! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete