Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Movie Review: Insidious: Chapter 2

Image from here.
It will take what you love most.

Okay. Another horror movie. Why do I keep getting dragged into these things?

This film picks up from where the last movie ends. Without giving the ending to the first movie away, let's just say it isn't rainbows and butterflies. The family survived the ordeal but that only means more opportunities to be haunted.

Is there something wrong with Daddy?
Image from here.
This film isn't nearly as scary as its predecessor. It does introduce some refreshing new ideas to the genre, but ultimately, it feels like it is just a project born out of the success of the original movie. Lots of jump scares here, folks! If I were to compare, it does not have as much substance as the last movie with both director James Wan and lead actor Patrick Wilson, The Conjuring.

Other Notable Cast:
Rose Byrne as Renai Lambert - She recently played the CIA agent in X-Men: First Class
Barbara Hershey as Lorraine Lambert - I wasn't very scared for her at all because I know her as Cora from Once Upon a Time, a cold monster all on her own. Haha.

Verdict: 2.5/5 - I really shouldn't keep watching these films! Not fun and mildly interesting for me.

Loved Insidious: Chapter 2? Hated it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!




Here's the trailer!

1 comment: