Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Movie Review: Paranormal Activity 2

Image from here.
Though I am not a fan of horror movies by any means, I thought I'd catch up on the growing series of Paranormal Activity movies.

This movie, in case you haven't watched it, follows the same "found footage" format as the first movie. Similar to the first movie, the horror factor here isn't very over-the-top at all. This contributes to the movie being more believable and relatable, and hence scarier, especially for one with an overly active imagination such as myself. Gladly, I recognized Sprague Grayden, who plays the main protagonist, from the awesome TV series 24. This lifted the found footage illusion for me somewhat.

Verdict: 2.5/5 - Worth watching, but I can't say I enjoyed the experience, exactly. Haha.

I hear Paranormal Activity 3 is much scarier. I am not looking forward to that.

Loved Paranormal Activity 2? Hated it? Let me know by commenting below! Or you can always just tweet me!

- Joaquin

2 comments:

  1. The Paranormal Activity film series is just 'okay' but it's true that the 3rd one is the 'scariest'. Although for me, I think that the movies' pacing is too slow. Too much time spent watching people sleep. Haha. :)

    andreatayag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree, pacing was quite slow. It's like it keeps trying to keep you on edge with nothing really happening for most of the scenes. I'm easily creeped out when something DOES happen so I do not enjoy these films! Haha

      Delete