Sunday, April 28, 2013

BRGR: The Burger Project

In the spirit of letting voucher deals dictate our restaurant choices, we took a voucher deal for a place we have been looking forward to try, BRGR: The Burger Project! It had been sitting in our to-do list for a while, but it's not conveniently located for us, so we were glad to have a reason to undertake the voyage.

BRGR the burger project
The word "project" is rarely associated with anything this delectable.
Now, this place may not have the best burgers in town, but what sets it apart is how personal the experience is. What's the best burger on the menu? It's whatever the hell you want it to be! You are only limited by your imagination, and I was really looking forward to what Alvie and I were going to come up with. But before we get into that, here's the side dish we ordered.

BRGR the burger project
DESIGNR Fries: Animal Style, P135.00
We liked this and the fries were great, but we had a problem with the fact that the special BRGR sauce was a bit too much like Thousand Island dressing. Its taste overpowered the taste of all the cheese, which was surprising. It was still enjoyable, but I found myself wishing I tried the Chili Cheese or Truffle fries instead.

brgr the burger project
The JOAQR, P230.00
Recipe:
Step 1: Choose a BRGR: Tofu - P95
Step 2: Choose a bun: Oatmeal - P20
Step 3: Choose a cheese: Bleu - P35
Step 4: Choose your premium toppings: Fried Portobello - P40
Step 5: Choose your basic toppings: Egg - P20
Step 6: Choose a sauce: Wasabi Mayonnaise - P20

My aim was simple: To make the best and weirdest burger I could from this menu. After all, with all the regular, boring food in the world, crazier is better. I was proud of my first burger, The JOAQR (I'm so creative), and I think I did a good job. It did taste strangely great, and greatly strange! The only conflict was that the wasabi was so strong, I didn't taste the bleu cheese anymore. Alvie did though (and didn't like it), so at least I know it was in there somewhere. I loved the Portobello mushroom (was quite small though), the egg and the tofu all together in this bewildering burger. Alvie has the total opposite philosophy and wasn't a fan of my unorthodox creation. Here's hers:

BRGR the burger project
TBD, P285.00

Step 1: Choose a BRGR: 100% Angus Beef - P135
Step 2: Choose a bun: Oatmeal - P20
Step 3: Choose a cheese: Mozzarella- P35
Step 4: Choose your premium toppings: Bacon, Onion Rings, Sautéed Mixed Mushrooms  - P25 each
Step 5: Choose your basic toppings: None - Free
Step 6: Choose a sauce: BBQ Sauce - P20

This still-unnamed burger (Haha) was great too. Three premium toppings and no basics! Yum! The sautéed mushrooms weren't the regular button mushrooms too, they were a much better kind. The patty was nice and thick, but lacked in its own flavor. I suppose that when you order this, you're gonna have to make up for that with your other options. This particular combination did that, thanks to the mushrooms and the BBQ sauce.

I was very satisfied with the burger project experience. The DESIGNR fries are interesting, and so are the wide variety of drinks to go with your burger. We had the PINO Brewed Iced Tea (P55) and we liked it, too. In a place like this, you really are just limited by your own imagination.

Verdict:
DESIGNR Fries: Animal Style: Good
The JOAQR: Great (I am biased)
Alvie's TBD: Good for me, just Okay for Alvie
PINO Brewed Iced Tea: Good

A sign stated that you actually have 259,200 possible combinations to a single patty. A single patty. If you start thinking beyond that, the options are limitless. Would you like a tofu, chori, or chicken burger? Or all three patties at once?

BRGR the burger project
I'm a proud burger innovator.
I have a couple more combinations I still want to try based on the first visit alone and you might too! If you're too hungry to think or just want to go for their more tried & tested burgers, they also have preset combinations for you to order.

Keep it up, BRGR! You're doing it right!

Love BRGR: The Burger Project? Hate it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!

- Joaquin

BRGR: THE BURGER PROJECT
38 Jupiter St
Bel-Air, Makati
(02) 550-1781
Operating Hours: 11:00 am - 12:00 mn
Facebook: BRGR The Burger Project


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    This post is very nice. Thank you for sharing this. The Burger Project is very good. The burger looks very delicious. I can't wait to eat this. Love the food.

    ReplyDelete