Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Movie Review: A Haunted House

a haunted house
Image from here.
We watched this movie at home recently, since we were looking for some light, fun entertainment. There was a little of that in this film, but it wasn't worth sitting down for the whole movie.

A Haunted House is a parody of found footage films like the Paranormal Activity series, and a few others. This starred Marlon Wayans, the funniest Wayans brother, someone who has the credentials for movies like this, having done Scary Movie 1 & 2 (the only good ones). My hopes were crushed though, since this was a definite miss.

There were a few funny scenes that elicited some giggles, but most of the story was bad. Some jokes were too drawn out and I found them to be a bit too toilet for toilet humor. If you're a hardcore Paranormal Activity fan, this might slightly amuse you, but I think that's as far as it'll go.

Other Notable Cast:
Nick Swardson as a gay psychic - an Adam Sandler movie regular, I remember him most as the weird, frightened guy from The Benchwarmers.
David Koechner - better known as Champ Kind from Anchorman, and Todd Packer from The Office.

Verdict: 2/5 - If it sounds like it strikes your fancy, give it a try, but otherwise, I'd stay away from it.

Loved A Haunted House? Hated it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!

- Joaquin

0 comments:

Post a Comment