Monday, May 27, 2013

Movie Review: Fast & Furious 6

Image from here.
I've never really been a fan of Fast & Furious. I watched only the first and the fifth so I have just partial knowledge of the story. You don't really need much story to appreciate movies like this, so I went along when my mom and brother wanted to see it at good ol' SMB.

Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) reaches out to Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel), who is now living a more peaceful life in hiding, to acquire his help for a mission. The biggest mystery to all is that somehow, Dom's ex, Letty Ortiz (Michele Rodriguez) is apparently alive, previously unbeknownst to all in the crew. Everything kicks into high gear from there.

The movie was fun to watch and had great action. The plot is good too, though I don't think many people watch these many movies for the plot. There are cars. Fast cars. Don't ask me what kind because I know nothing about cars. I'm not proud of it, but cars never really interested me like most guys (and some girls). I still love my car though!

I liked the action scenes, though sometimes I felt there were too many close shots in some, and I've been spoiled with the great wide-shot action scenes from movies like The Dark Knight Rises and Iron Man 3. There was some good comedy in there, too.

The Rock was great in this movie. Man, is he on a streak! He seems to be the best thing about every movie he's in nowadays. I found myself rooting for him more than Dom or any other character in the film. The main antagonist (Luke Evans) was okay, but all I noticed from him was that he looks like an older Orlando Bloom.

Other Notable Cast:
Paul Walker as Brian O'Conner - The original main character is still here, but he was a bit boring.
Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto - She's gotten a lot older-looking than from the first movie.
Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce - Most of the comedy was from him, and he did it well.
Chris Bridges as Tej Parker - That's Ludicrous!
Sung Kang as Han Seoul-Oh - I just want to say, this dude looks like the love child of Jackie Chan and Glenn from The Walking Dead.
Gina Carano as Riley - This former MMA star is also dating the man of steel, Henry Cavill.
????? as ????? - Keep your eye out for a very cool familiar face. ;)

Verdict: 3.5/5 - A solid action film from another franchise The Rock has saved. If you love cars though, don't take my word for it since you might enjoy it much more than I did.

Loved Fast & Furious 6? Hated it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!


Here's the trailer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment