Wednesday, May 15, 2013

TV Review: Game of Thrones: Season 2

game of thrones season 2
Image from here.
I haven't been staying on top of my series-watching. I usually get all my shows from Alvie and at home. I'm lucky my brother has great taste for good TV shows and when I saw that they've been watching the third season of Game of Thrones, I knew that I could procrastinate no longer. I had to catch up! I watched this season in the span of a few days, and it was so good, that the hour-long episodes just seemed to zoom past in minutes.

Game of Thrones is an HBO adaptation of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels. This season covers the events of the second book, A Clash of Kings. I haven't read any of the books, but I will when I find time (sadly, likely never).

Given the vastness of the tale, I will not do any justice to this epic story by any short blog review. Basically, Game of Thrones is an amazing fantasy tale involving great characters, places, and plot. Pretty much everything awesome in fiction, with the exception of time travel and lightsabers, is implemented beautifully in some way, shape or form in this series. This is by no means, light watching. It is so immersive, that you'd have to remained focused for every second of every minute that you are watching the show, and even then, you probably will not be able to catch every little nuance about the story and its many, many characters and events.

I loved this season more than the first, since the first was more introductory and this one hit the ground running and remained as interesting all throughout its ten episodes.

Verdict: 5/5 - This show may very well be my favourite serious TV show of all time, beating 24 and The Walking Dead.

I am now watching the third season and am enjoying every minute of it. I've been marathon-ing this show for so long, I am developing a mild Stark accent.

Love Game of Thrones? Hate it? Let me know by commenting below, or just tweet me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment