Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Órale!: The Best Quesadillas

Órale! has always been a pleasure to have nearby at the Fort Strip. Can't have enough Mexican selections!
For burritos, It's a triple tie between this restaurant, Mexicali, and Taco Bell.
For enchiladas, it's Mexicali.
For quesadillas, this is the place!

orale
Pollo Asado Quesadilla, P285.00
There are just two pieces, but I have never seen Quesadillas that are done this well. They're usually just paper thin tortilla pieces with filling. It is thick and very filling, almost like pizza! While this is stuffed with grilled chicken, there are other versions available, like lengua! Topped with tomatoes, jalapeños, and cream, I have yet to try something that comes close. The totopos (corn chips similar to tortilla) on the side are a bit too dry and tough for me, but fun to snack on anyway. I bet this would have been even better with a side of guacamole.

orale
Chile Verde, P295.00
Tortilla, pork and refried beans. It didn't look like much, but it turned out to be very good! The sauce was bursting with flavor and spice, which was perfect with the extreeemely tender pork. I didn't like that there was a significant amount of fat, but I changed my mind once I had a taste. It's quite possibly the softest fat I have ever had. That made me momentarily forgive myself for indulging in this dish. Tortilla was good and refried beans are always great! Strangely, this is just available on Fridays to Sundays. Awesomely, the Dos Equis beer next to my plate came free with the meal! Sweet, huh? They didn't say until when the promo would last, though.


I enjoyed the beer so much, I made myself a meme for it! Haha! We ended lunch on a sweeter note.

orale
Churros, P65.00
Hrm.. not totally the normal churros look. Is this because it's Mexican? The lower one looks like a wizard's staff! The churros were a bit more dry than the kind I am used to. The cinnamon sugar dip was interesting enough. This was okay, but I guess I prefer the more classic type of churros, and the hot chocolate dip.

Menu:
Traditionals
Weekend Menu
Beer Promo

Verdict:
Pollo Asado Quesadilla: Great!
Chile Verde: Great!
Churros: Good

I'm glad there are more good Mexican restaurants now! Mexicali has always been great and all, but we need some competition! "Orale!" is a Mexican word for "Alright!" and that's exactly the proper reply when faced with the question of eating at this great place.





Other Restaurants in The Fort Strip:
Good Earth Roasts (GER)
Kasbah: A Moroccan Lunch
The Best Pasta of Pasto
Racks: My Favourite Ribs
Sunshine Kitchen: Second Dawn
Tapeo: Spanish Surprise at the Fort Strip
The Cheese Steak Shop: Philly Cheese Steaks in the Phillyppines

Other Restaurants in The Fort:
Gyu-Kaku: The Time is Ripe to Grill Some Tripe
IHOP: The Latest Pancake Craze
Jollibee: Ultimate Burger Steak and Flip Float
Pancake House: Cookie Butter Pancakes Surprise
Red Garlic Bistro: Trotting the Globe, Clove by Clove
S&R: My Favourite Pizza
Saboten: Enjoyin' Some Loin
Saint's Alp: Taiwanese Chicken Goodness
Sbarro: Rolling in the Deep Dish
SM Aura Premier: Pepper Lunch Express under the Sky Park
Stacy's: The Sweet Kind of Retro
Stella Wood Fired Bistro: Nothing Less Than Stellar
Toast Box: Going Goreng
Tokyo Tokyo: Burgers and Chopsticks
The Kebab Factory: The TKF Trilogy
Uncle Cheffy: A Piece 'a Panizza
Wildflour's Cronut: The Doughnut and Croissant's Love Child
Wrong Ramen: The Weirder, The Better

ÓRALE! TAQUERIA MEXICANA
G/F The Fort Strip,
7th Ave. cor. 26th St., Taguig City
(02) 552-2660
Operating Hours:
Mon - Thu: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Fri - Sat: 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Sun: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Facebook: Órale! Taqueria Mexicana


View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment