Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Seattle's Best: Sea Salt and Salad

This is actually a tale of several visits to Seattle's Best, which just happens to be very near where I work. My cousin, Bobby was in the area so we met up for some coffee. We saw some new drinks and one caught our eye.

seattle's best
Sea Salt Caramel Ice-blended Javakula (large), P180.00
Well, I love anything salted caramel. This was good! Nice to sip on for a long chat hanging out at Seattle's Best. The little starfish was amusing and it brings something else to mind (for me anyway).


My recently-active-on-Twitter cousin also posted about our little coffee break. Check out his feed for some random jokes every now and then. Haha.
We eventually came back for meals several other times due to proximity, and their food is actually not extremely expensive.

seattle's best
Amatriciana, P175.00
Linguine pasta tossed with a tomato-based sauce and sauteed bacon slices, topped with parmesan cheese.
I'm not a fan of tomato-based plain sauce, but this was alright. The bacon slices were quite abundant and helped with the flavor.

seattle's best
Pesto, P170.00
Using fresh basil, this Italian favorite is sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, chopped walnuts and fresh parsley.
While not as oily as I like my pesto, this dish was actually good. The pesto is very tasty and went well with the penne. Definitely the better of the two pasta dishes we tried.

seattle's best
All-vegetable Salad, P170.00
Fresh vegetables topped with slivered almonds, olives, croutons, and parmesan cheese.
Sadly, I recently found out that my sugar is on the border so I am imposing a change in diet for myself. What do I start with? Salad! It's hella tough to shift to 100% greens even for just a meal so I'm glad this salad is actually pretty good. It's even enough to get you stuffed (for a couple of hours, at least). My only gripe is that there aren't any slivered almonds as the menu states. Anyway, this might be my default lunch out option in the office for some healthy and semi-reasonably-priced dining.

Menu:
Drinks
Light Meals

Verdict:
Sea Salt Caramel Ice-blended Javakula: Good
Amatriciana: Okay
Pesto: Good
All-vegetable Salad: Good

As far as coffee price, Seattle's Best is pretty up there, making even Starbucks seem cheap, but their food is quite reasonably priced. A great place for a quick and healthy lunch!

Love Seattle's Best Coffee? Hate it? Let me know by commenting below or just tweet me!



Other Restaurants in The Fort:
Good Earth Roasts (GER)
Gyu-Kaku: The Time is Ripe to Grill Some Tripe
IHOP: The Latest Pancake Craze
Jollibee: Ultimate Burger Steak and Flip Float
Kasbah: A Moroccan Lunch
Órale!: The Best Quesadillas
Pancake House: Cookie Butter Pancakes Surprise
The Best Pasta of Pasto
Racks: My Favourite Ribs
Red Garlic Bistro: Trotting the Globe, Clove by Clove
S&R: My Favourite Pizza
Saboten: Enjoyin' Some Loin
Saint's Alp: Taiwanese Chicken Goodness
Sbarro: Rolling in the Deep Dish
SM Aura Premier: Pepper Lunch Express under the Sky Park
Stacy's: The Sweet Kind of Retro
Stella Wood Fired Bistro: Nothing Less Than Stellar
Sunshine Kitchen: Second Dawn
Tapeo: Spanish Surprise at the Fort Strip
Toast Box: Going Goreng
Tokyo Tokyo: Burgers and Chopsticks
The Cheese Steak Shop: Philly Cheese Steaks in the Phillyppines
The Kebab Factory: The TKF Trilogy
Uncle Cheffy: A Piece 'a Panizza
Wildflour's Cronut: The Doughnut and Croissant's Love Child
Wrong Ramen: The Weirder, The Better

SEATTLE'S BEST COFFEE
Ground Floor, One Mckinley Place,
26th St. cor. 4th Ave.,
Bonifacio Global City
(02) 552-1284 / (02) 403-3367
Facebook: Seattle's Best Coffee Philippines
Website: http://www.seattlesbest.com.ph/


View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment